2020 Spread the Hope Challenge
What Does it Mean to Spread the Hope?
Like much of the world, Special Olympics Indiana has responded to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic by suspending regularly-scheduled activities through June 30, 2020. Millions of people in Indiana and across the nation are doing their part to help limit the spread of this coronavirus by staying home and practicing social distancing as recommended by the CDC. As a result, you may be growing bored and restless, missing your friends and the thrill of competition, and looking for ways to connect with the outside world. Here’s your chance to provide HOPE!
We want to hear from you! Share a message to our athletes, photos from previous Summer Games, or pictures of Hope that we can show to our athletes. Let’s lift each other up, put some smiles on the faces of our friends and family, and share a little joy. Let’s get creative!
Inspired by athlete leaders across the state who have wasted no time in reaching out to their friends and creating and sharing encouraging videos and social posts, Special Olympics Indiana’s 2020 Summer Games Spread the Hope challenge is your chance to stay connected to our movement and to give our athletes smiles and a sense of joy.
From now through the end of July, we’re asking volunteers and supporters to use videos, photos, or any media you like to give our athletes and communities hope. Hope that we will be together again soon!
What does “Unified by Hope” mean to you?
Tell us what the tagline signifies to you. Share words of HOPE to our athletes.
What do you miss most about Special Olympics?
Tell us what you miss and feel free to share poems, stories, songs, photographs, or drawings.
What do you look forward to the most for the 2021 Summer Games?
Tell us what you hope to see at the next Summer Games.
Share a memory from a previous Summer Games you volunteered at.
Share a memory from a previous Summer Games when you were a volunteer.
The challenge is now open! Share the HOPE. We will be reviewing each submission and sharing them through social media, our website, e-newsletters, and more. We’ll continue to share submissions through at least July 25. Please read the full challenge rules for more information…and then get to work!
Trouble uploading your files? Contact us for help.
- Submissions may include video or audio recording(s), photos, illustrations, poems, or any other type of media.
- All submissions must be made via the web form on this page. Media submitted via email or other means will not be considered.
- Uploaded files should be no larger than 500 MB each.
- Audio and video recordings should be no longer than 3 minutes in duration.
- Submissions that contain inappropriate language or offensive content will not be considered.
- Challenge opens Monday, June 1, 2020 and ends Saturday, July 25, 2020.
- Top submissions may be shared on the Special Olympics Indiana website or in digital newsletters and on social media.