2021 New Year Fitness Challenge
Special Olympics Indiana is proud to host a special event to kickoff the new year: the New Year Fitness Challenge, a virtual challenge running from January 18 (MLK Day) to February 14 (Valentine’s Day).
Participants are challenged to complete four (4) Fit 5 activities and two (2) health & well-being activities each day. Refer to the New Year Fitness Challenge Activity Listing for a list of activities. There are multiple levels to choose from for athletes of all abilities. All Fit 5 activities can be found in the Fit 5 Fitness Cards. Participants may utilize the New Year Fitness Challenge Individual Scorecard to keep track of their point total. Do NOT send this scorecard in for results.
Questions to Patrick Kozlowski.
Deadline: Monday, January 25 by 5pm Eastern. Entry Fee: $3 per person. Registration only accepted through the e-form below.
Deadline: Monday, February 22 by 5pm Eastern. Results ONLY accepted through the e-form below. Individual scorecards will NOT be accepted for results.
- Participants earn 1 point each day they complete four (4) Fit 5 activities.
- Participants earn 1 point each day they complete two (2) health & well-being activities.
- A perfect score is 56 points.
- Traditional Special Olympics medals will be given based on a participant’s final point total.
- Gold = 50+ points
- Silver = 40 – 49 points
- Bronze = 30 – 39 points
- Awards will be mailed to County Coordinators at the end of the challenge.
- (1) XBox One X will be randomly given to an athlete earning at least 30 points.
- (1) XBox One X will be randomly given to an athlete who completes the Polar Plunge Run.
- (5) $10 souvenir gift certificates will be randomly given to an athlete earning at least 30 points.
- To receive the XBox One X an athlete must commit to:
- Participating in SOIN eSports competitions.
- Having required internet capabilities for online play.
- Having XBox Live Gold account to allow only play (fee applies).