2021 Athlete Leadership University, Fall Semester
Saturday, October 2 & Sunday, October 3 – Butler University
WE ARE BACK AT BUTLER UNIVERSITY for the fall semester of Athlete Leadership University! The course schedule for October will be:
*All times EDT.
- DAY 1:
- 10 AM – 11 AM – Registration
- 11 AM – 5 PM – Opening Session, Course Instruction, including Lunch Break
- 5 PM – 6 PM – Dinner Break
- 6 PM – 7 PM – Evening Activities, Open House, Games (optional)
- Day 2:
- 8:30 AM – 2 PM – Course Instruction, including Lunch Break
- 2 PM – 3:45 PM – Closing Session
- 3:45 PM – Class Photo
For NEW (rookie) Athletes Leaders, they MUST enroll in Introduction to Athlete Leadership as their first class. For returning Athlete Leaders, they will enroll in the Understanding Leadership course or a course within their major. Athletes may register for one first choice and one second choice class only. Practicums for prerequisite courses (e.g. Introduction to Athlete Leadership) MUST be complete by the practicum due date in order to take next course (e.g. Leadership Capstone).
All outstanding practicums from 2020 and Spring 2021 are due by September 13. Practicums turned in after this date may not receive credit for the course.
- Athletes MUST have support from a mentor during any class.
- Athletes taking the Introduction to Athlete Leadership course must have a one-to-one athlete to mentor ratio.
- In all other classes, mentors may support up to two athletes, as long as:
- Both athletes are taking the same class, and
- Both athletes agree to this arrangement, and
- The mentor’s information must be completed on both athlete’s registration forms.
- The Athlete Leadership Management Team reserves the right to recommend or even require certain athletes to have a one-to-one athlete to mentor ratio.
2021 Athlete Leadership University, Fall Semester Enrollment Form
Enrollment deadline is Monday, September 13. Class space is limited on a first-come, first-served basis.