Special Olympics Indiana invites all athlete leaders to join us for these Saturday online gatherings. Each session is an group discussion on a wide variety of topics. Beginning at 10:00 AM Eastern, sessions last between 2-3 hours depending on the topic.
NOTE: Only those who register and join each webinar via Zoom will be able to interact with live questions and responses. Those joining via Special Olympics Indiana’s Facebook page will only be able to see the presentation, hear the conversation, and listen to the Q & A. Facebook viewers will NOT be able to ask questions or interact with the instructor/participants.
All sessions begin at 10 a.m. ET. Additional schedule details will be added as they are available.
Please use the buttons and links below to register for each Webinar you’d like to attend. Registration for ALPs University is separate — visit our main Athlete Leadership page to learn more.
WHAT IS A “RIGHT”?
How are rights for people with disabilities often violated? How can you protect your rights and the rights of your teammates? Join Bonnie Bomer of Indiana Disability Rights as we define a right, list some examples, and talk about how to protect your rights.
Bonnie is committed to advocating for the rights of people with disabilities. As an individual who is legally blind, she has had to advocate for herself and for her daughter (who also has a visual impairment). Bonnie has worked for Indiana Disability Rights (IDR) since 2004 when she began as an Advocacy Specialist.
Dr. Nathan D. Lambert specializes in Heart & Vascular Care. He earned his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed his internship and residency at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC. He trained afterwards as a fellow at Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC. He currently lives in Noblesville with his wife and three children. He loves snow skiing, IU basketball, and playing games with his family. (His younger sister, Lindsay Blythe, usually beats him).
Dr. Lambert is going to talk about heart health and small steps you can take that will have a big impact on your heart health! What you eat, your physical activity, and mental health all play a role in your heart health.
PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENTS
If you have a personal mission statement and have shared it with Elesia Yoon and Jeff Mohler, then join us for an after-show special. Join us as we record YOU reading your personal mission statements. Why? We will be using your great goals for future videos, promotions, and recruitment of new athletes to join Athlete Leadership University.
How to Participate
- Follow the link for each Webinar you’d like to attend and complete the registration process.
- Upon completion of the registration form, you will receive a message and a confirmation email containing a Zoom Meeting ID and Passcode. Both are needed to join.
- Download the Zoom application to your computer or device before your first selected session begins.
- Use the provided Zoom link or Meeting ID and Password to join each webinar 3-5 minutes before it starts.
- Before each session begins, the facilitator will explain how to ask questions and interact with the instructor and other participants. Please follow these instructions to help us provide the best experience for everyone.
- There may be limits to the number of individuals who can participate in a given Zoom meeting. If you are unable to join us via Zoom, please watch on Facebook Live.
How to Watch
- Do NOT complete the registration process on Zoom.
- Like or follow Special Olympics Indiana on Facebook, or visit https://www.facebook.com/soindiana/live during any scheduled webinar broadast.
- Watch, learn, and comment/share as much as you like. Please remember that Facebook viewers (and commenters) will not be able to ask questions or interact directly with the instructors or participants.