Athlete Leadership Council
- County Athlete Leaedership Council (ALC) meetings must be held at least twice a year but can be held more often.
- County ALC meetings may be open to any interested athlete in the County Program, or a targeted group (such as basketball teams, athletes over age 40, athletes who attend Athlete Leadership University). Participants in a County ALC should be at least 16 years old.
- Items for the agenda can be submitted by the athletes and/or the County Management Team (CMT).
- Work with fellow officers and members of the community to plan and implement local fundraising activities according to Special Olympics Indiana policies and procedures.
- The County Management Team should work with the ALC to provide a volunteer Facilitator who assists the Chairperson in planning the meeting, taking notes, and supporting the work of the group without inserting their own opinions into the discussion.
- By a majority vote ALCs may make recommendations to the County Management Team at regularly scheduled CMT meetings.
- County Programs document their required ALC activities by submitting minutes of meetings to the designated person at SOIN.