2022 Special Olympics Indiana USA Games
Team Indiana Team Application
The County Coordinator, by completing this form on the team’s behalf, will insure the accuracy of all information, will communicate information to the team and all team members, and has read the Team Indiana Handbook.
TEAM SELECTION CRITERIA
To be eligible for selection to the Team Indiana delegation for the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games, team members must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Indiana.
- Must be nominated by your County Coordinator.
- Must be a Class A volunteer with SO Indiana (coaches & Unified partners).
- Must be in good standing with SO Indiana.
- Read, sign, and submit the Code of Conduct form.
- Complete, sign, and submit all required registration forms, medical forms, and other forms as needed.
- Must have the ability to function and be away from home for ten days or more.
- Must possess the skills to be able to function as a part of the delegation (e.g. cooperation, sharing, group living, following directions, basic social skills, good behavior, etc.).
- Must be able to travel long distance and stand for long periods of time on a daily basis (excludes applicants in wheelchairs, but still require the stamina for such activities).
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must agree to refrain from the use of alcohol and tobacco products during training camps and USA Games.
- Must participate in all training camps and attend all portions of those camps.
- Must participate in all Team Indiana promotional and fundraising events.
- Must agree to the Team Indiana finance arrangement (as outlined in the Team Indiana Handbook).
- Nominations for teams are due according to the following schedule:
- Monday, February 22, 2021 – Basketball (Traditional)
- Monday, May 10, 2021 – Volleyball (Unified)
- Monday, August 2, 2021 – Softball (Unified)