Special Olympics Project UNIFY’s goal is to activate youth in an effort to develop school communities where all young people are agents of change, fostering respect, dignity and advocacy for people with intellectual disabilities. To realize this goal, Project UNIFY seeks to utilize existing programs and initiatives of Special Olympics in combination with programs in the school community.
What is Project UNIFY?
Visit specialolympics.org for more information on the Project UNIFY movement.
IHSAA Champions Together
What is Champions Together?
Champions Together is a collaborative partnership between the Indiana High School Athletic Association and Special Olympics Indiana that promotes servant leadership among student athletes while changing their lives as well as the lives of those with intellectual disabilities.
Special Olympics International is supporting Champions Together as a model program to activate schools through “Project Unify: which also has the endorsement of the National Federation of High Schools.
Program goals include
1. Provide opportunities for student led servent leadership as part of the IHSAA experience
2. Create awareness and opportunities for inclusion as it relates to all individuals with intellectual disabilities
3. Encourage volunteerism for IHSAA student athletes through service to their schools and communities
4. Promote fundraising for the purpose of promoting the vision and programs of Special Olympics Indiana and Champions Together
Champions together fundraising through the Polar Plunge
- Click your HIGH SCHOOL link below. You will be directed to your Champions Together high school plunge team
- On the high school team page, click the JOIN TEAM button
- Under the Join Now window, enter the number you’ll be registering and click register
- Follow the online instructions to complete your registration
- After registering, you can create your own personalized fundraising page
- Send the link out to your friends, family, colleagues – anyone you think will help you reach your fundraising goal!
Want to know more about the IHSAA Champions Together program and the ways your high school can get involved? Contact Lee Lonzo for more information.