2023 Plane Pull Challenge
Aug. 12 • Indianapolis International Airport Postal Hub
Are you strong enough to take on an 82-ton Boeing 757 jetliner in a massive game of tug-of-war? Take the Plane Pull Challenge and find out!
Our largest single-day fundraiser offers a unique opportunity for your team of up to 15 people to compete against others to determine who will be the fastest to pull the aircraft down a 12-foot track. The fastest team in each division will receive an award.
The Plane Pull Challenge also features a festival-like atmosphere. The Indianapolis International Airport postal hub will be transformed with live music, food, souvenirs, games and other activities throughout the day.
Each team of 15 is asked to raise at least $1,200 in pledges (an average of less than $100 per person). Once the team captain registers your team name, each member should complete their registration and create a personal fundraising page. Final rosters will be due on event day. All donations will automatically be added to your team total. Keep an eye on the leaderboard — prizes will be awarded to the top fundraisers.
All funds raised through the Plane Pull Challenge support our more than 16,000 athletes as well as our organization’s efforts to to end discrimination and empower people with intellectual disabilities across the state of Indiana.
Plane Pull Challenge Event Details
- Date: Saturday, Aug. 12
- Location: Indianapolis International Airport postal hub (2475 Hoffman Road, Indianapolis)
- 7:30 a.m.-noon — Registration
- 8:30 a.m. — Opening ceremony
- 9 a.m. — Competition begins
- 11 a.m. — Halftime ceremony
- 11:30 a.m. — Kids Pull
- Noon — Competition resumes
Puller Express Day
Expedite the event-day check-in process by pre-registering your team and sending your team captain to Puller Express Day at the Special Olympics Indiana State Office.
Here’s how it works:
- Prior to Puller Express Day, the team captain should collect a completed Plane Pull waiver and T-shirt size information from all team members.
- On Puller Express Day, the captain will turn in all waivers, shirt sizes and offline donations along with the team profile information, and pick up your souvenir Plane Pull T-shirts (limited quantities available, distributed first-come, first-served).
- The captain will also select your team’s place in the pull order and receive an approximate competition time. Pull times are assigned first come, first served.
- On event day, use the express check-in line to turn in additional revenue and receive your team’s wristbands to enter the tarmac.
- BONUS: All teams that pre-register on Puller Express Day will receive a free 8-by-10 printed team photo!
The Plane Pull Challenge is a perfect team-building experience for businesses large and small! Teams in this division need at least eight members from the same organization. Corporate teams may also sign up for a chance at an additional award in these subcategories:
- Construction contractors
- Engineering firms
- Insurance agencies
- Law firms
Public Safety Division
Law enforcement officers, fire fighters, DNR, department of correction and military personnel compete in this division. Teams need at least eight public safety competitors to qualify.
High School Division
Perfect for high school athletic teams and clubs, teams in this division must include at least 10 students. Teachers, parents and coaches may fill the other spots if they’re up to the challenge!
Gather friends from your fraternity, sorority or other campus group and show off your school spirit. Teams in this division must include at least eight students from a single college.
This potpourri division is ideal for service organizations, church groups, clubs and families as well as mixed teams of multiple smaller groups. All you need is 15 people willing to work together to support our athletes.
Plane Pull Newsletter
Sign up to receive regular updates directly to your inbox during Plane Pull Challenge season.